Wednesday 4 September 2013

OPI Holiday 2013 Mariah Carey Collection - Part 3 - The Reds

Last but certainly not least, Part 3 of the OPI 2013 Holiday Mariah Carey Collection. This last post is all about the reds and as we all know OPI loves their reds.

There are 6 reds in this collection, varying from the classic OPI bright red to a very dark and almost chocolate red.

I have to admit I do love a good red at Christmastime and OPI always come up trumps!


So, for these swatches I used 2 coats for each colour. The formula on all of these is great. I'm looking forward to wearing them during the holidays and blinging them out with a glitter topper, speaking of which, I got my 'I Snow You Love Me' today but it's at my neighbours. Stay tuned for a post on this one later in the weekend.

So, on to the swatches......

All I want for Christmas (is OPI):
This marvellous maroon is present-ly my top choice
This is totally the usual red from OPI, I'm sure I have several dupes for this one but I had to have it for the name (it's one of my favourite Christmas songs).


In My Santa Suit:
This generously pigmented red is worth staying on the 'nice' list.
This is a really pretty classical red shimmer from OPI, it reminds me of I'm not Really A Waitress but I'm sure it's a brighter red. Again, I probably have a near dupe but as always I get suckered by the names in holiday collections!


Underneath the Mistletoe:
Is my kiss as spicy-sweet as this candy apple red?
Loved this in the bottle and love it on the nail. The tiny glitters really sparkle and this photograph really doesn't do this polish justice.


Cutie Little Vixen:
This deep red violet has cutie written all over it
More of a plum/pinker tone than a true red, makes a nice addition to the collection.


Sleigh Ride for Two:
There's only one room left for this dark hot chocolate
I'm not sure I'd have said this was a hot chocolate colour, it has a lean of plum to it and I was a little disappointed that the shimmer didn't show up on the nail as much as it did in the bottle.


Visions of Love:
I see this rich burgundy in my immediate future
This one was about as dark as I ever like to wear, on the nail it was a very dark brown with a touch of red. Quite a classic.

The reds are usually the ones I'm least interested in but I'm pretty pleased with this part of the collection, they are all polishes I will wear and would be beautiful for pedis. My picks? Definitely Underneath the Mistletoe was my favourite because it is a little different, the others were nice but as I have a good sized OPI stash I probably have similar polishes. Having said that I will wear all of these and I'm glad I have the collection.

Will you be picking up any of this holiday collection?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for swatching this collection. I definitely need some of the glitters and liquid sands. I will also need All I Want For Christmas is OPI since it is also one of my favorite Christmas songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fishgirl, I know right! I have always loved that song and video. I remember singing it to my husband (then BF) when we were separated for our first Christmas. Aaahhhh, memories!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this post, I've been looking forward to swatches for ages! I don't actually own any opi but could you tell me where to get my hands on opi? Or some trustworthy amazon/eBay links? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I took off the annoying verification thing so I thought I better add some moderation to avoid spam messages, you know what the internet is like!

Anyway, it's great to get comments and I'll verify them as soon as they get to me.
x