Sunday 11 November 2012

Nerdlacquer Data Squirrel

When I woke up on Friday I woke up to the news that Amanda from Nerdlaquer was back! I immediately 'ran' over to Google + to read her posting.......and then I cried.

You see, as you probably know if you read my blog, my mum passed away from breast cancer 3 years ago. I know what it is like and it would take all day and several boxes of tissues to describe the utter pain and desperation of losing someone you love so much.

I have been thinking about about this all weekend and how I would write this post. I've read comments on facebook groups which angered me to the extreme but most of the comments made me take heart that there is so much sympathy, understanding and support for someone who has clearly had such a traumatic event.

I didn't manage to get any 'Nerds' before Amanda left but I have been lucky to aquire 2 since then. Today I am wearing my untried Nerd, Data Squirrel. Nerdlacquers are incredibly complex polishes and I can see why everyone went nuts for them.

Data Squirrel is a kind of browny rust coloured polish with a shimmer, it also includes red green and silver hex glitters and tiny red glitters. I wore it all weekend and I love it.

I really wish Amanda all the very best and hope that she will, in time find some peace and comfort. So glad she is back and I hope she gets the time and support she needs.

I cannot wait to see the collection she brings out to commemorate her mom. What a very special collection that will be.

x



2 comments:

  1. Love this glitter polish the base color is unique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I've just read her post. I am new to the blogging scene so didn't know who you were talking about. I am sorry for both your losses :(
    On a positive note, this polish and your nails are beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I took off the annoying verification thing so I thought I better add some moderation to avoid spam messages, you know what the internet is like!

Anyway, it's great to get comments and I'll verify them as soon as they get to me.
x