Monday 26 March 2012

Nicki Minaj Water Marble Attempt....

Hello lovelies,

Well I bought the whole OPI Nicki Minaj collection even though I really only liked Fly - I'm just a bit weird like that and like to have the whole collection!! So now I need to use them......... A water marble I thought, what a good idea!

Well, let me tell you this is my second water marble attempt ever, and I have to say this is a technique I need to practice.

Firstly I used my usual OPI Nail Envy base and then 1 coat of OPI Alpine Snow. The Nicki Minaj colours needed one more colour I thought so I picked OPI Ate Berries In The Canaries.

Here are the results:





It wasn't exactly what I had in mind but I don't mind how it turned out! I wanted to get the more flowery patterns that I have seen on some blogs but everytime I tried it just didn't come out that way, I'd get a big bald patch or too much colour.

Anyway, I did find a way to improve it - and that is to add some pretty holo glitter in the form of Northern Lights Gold Hologram Topcoat:



In my opinion everyone needs this topcoat - they do it in silver too!  

These were the colours I used:



OPI Pink Friday, OPI Fly, OPI Did It On 'Em, and OPI Ate Berries In The Canaries

So, things I learnt this time:

- I didn't tape, I just used cuticle oil all over my finger and cleaned up with acetone and cotton buds after (saved a lot of time and aggrevation)

- I didn't drag the toothpick from the outside ring of polish as this was sometimes already dry and would bunch up rather than being dragged to make a pattern.

In the end I was quite pleased with this mani and had a lot of compliments, I just need to watch some more YouTube tutorials to make the patterns better. Have you got any tips for water marbling??


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I took off the annoying verification thing so I thought I better add some moderation to avoid spam messages, you know what the internet is like!

Anyway, it's great to get comments and I'll verify them as soon as they get to me.
x