Thursday 22 March 2012

OPI Fly and a NOPI Million Sparkles..... A Winning Combination!

So lovelies, today I have for you OPI Fly which is part of the Nikki Minaj collection released earlier in the year and Nicole by OPI A Million Sparkles. They are a very pretty and sparkly combination together!

A Million Sparkles has lots of lovely glitter - bright blue glitter, hexagonal gold glitter, pink bar glitter and tiny blue bar glitter. Now I'm not a fan of bar glitter generally but this applied well and didn't stick out anywhere.

For this mani I used 2 coats of Fly and one coat of A Million Sparkles. It was a little gritty as all glitters are but really not too bad. One coat of Poshe was fine, 2 was even better.

This was taken outside in the sunshine:



Inside with a flash:




Outside in the sun - see how sparkly this is!



Although this is blurry look how pretty this is, this was taken in the evening under artificial light:


OK, now on to OPI Fly. It's a gorgeous blueish cream. I saw blueish because to me it's not exactly blue, but it's not green or teal either. Maybe it has a touch of teal, my camera gave me different colours so see what you think:

I think this is probably closest to the true colour:




Outside with sunshine:



Inside with flash:



I thought I'd post a few bottle shots cause there's a lot of OPI fakes. I got mine with some vouchers from Bloom.com








Now, a lot of people said that Fly stains, so I was prepared. When using dark colours or colours I think might stain I always put on 2 coats of OPI Nail Envy and then 1 coat of a nornal base coat, I'm currently using up a bottle of Leighton Denny base but any thickish base coat will do. This is how they looked after removal - see, no stains!!


Hope you liked this post :-)

3 comments:

  1. Cute combination! I have layered Save Me over Fly but I think I like you layering combo much better! It lets the color come through so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute combo! Your nails are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I am prone to staining with this sort of colour, no matter how much base coat I use so I skipped this one, wish I hasn't now though!x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I took off the annoying verification thing so I thought I better add some moderation to avoid spam messages, you know what the internet is like!

Anyway, it's great to get comments and I'll verify them as soon as they get to me.
x